Job: Slitter Operator (Permanent)
Hours: Treble Shifts (see below)
Location: Westbury, Wiltshire
Pay: £11ph++ bonus + overtime + progression
We are working with a prestigious and well-established manufacturing client who has continued with their growth and expansion plans and now have an opportunity for a permanent Slitter Operator to join their company. The job is based in Westbury, Wiltshire.
The job will involve the setting, loading and close monitoring of an industrial slitting machine. The role involves loading heavy industrial reels on to a machine. You then calculate the sizing’s required and set the machine accordingly. The machines then cut the large reels into required sizes.
This involves heavy lifting and good mathematical skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up and running Slitting Machines to exact time and speed settings
- The day to day running on the Slitting Machines including continuous inspection of product to ensure conformance
- Continually monitoring the machine, supplies and materials to improve production efficiency
- Identifying and reporting issues in a timely manner, particularly for maintenance and machine issues or problems
- Problem solving
- Regularly reporting machine performance and suggest methods of improvement
To be considered you will have:
- Previous experience as a Slitter operator (Titan, Ldec / DCM Usimeca) or similar industrial guillotine type operator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience of working to targets in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working with machines in a factory environment and working to targets
- Experience of quality control
The pay starts between £11ph and £11.79ph depending on experience but there are opportunities to earn bonuses, overtime and to progress within the company (which in turn attracts a higher salary).
The company works on a rotating treble shift pattern working from Monday 6am to Friday 10.30pm. All breaks are paid. Every Friday is a short shift of just 5.5 hours so on nights only 4 nights are worked with one short evening shift as follows:
Monday to Thursday 6am to 2pm / 2pm to 10pm / 10pm to 6am
Friday 6am to 11.30am / 11.30am to 5pm / 5pm to 10.30pm
The benefits to successful applicants:
- Permanent full time position
- 37.5 Hour week
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Real career progression opportunities
PLEASE NOTE: Smoking is strictly prohibited on all parts of our clients premises, including at entrances or anywhere on the grounds. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes (“e-cigarettes”) and vapourisers. Smoking is ALSO not permitted in vehicles operating or parked on site.