I am seeking a Head of IT Infrastructure to join a business based in Midsomer Norton. In this role, you will be responsible for analysing current systems and assets, recommending and implementing solutions and upgrades, and provide training. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations across 3 sites.
As the Head of IT Infrastructure, the right candidate will be responsible for managing IT technologies and a team of technical IT Service Desk & Infrastructure personnel. They will also have a technical role in developing and establishing IT standards and procedures, analysis, design, deployment, and operations of IT software and hardware throughout the business. Reporting directly to the company CEO, you will need to be able to converse at Board level and with the general user base.
Objectives for this role
· Oversee all aspects of operations across sites in the UK including IT Infrastructure, Communications (LAN, WAN, email, etc.), database, backup and recovery, as well as regulatory compliance
· Maintain overall security of the businesses network, systems, and data
· Contribute to the development of IT strategies to align with the overall business strategy
· Develop and maintain overall backup and recovery strategy
· To raise the profile of IT Security within the business, especially focussed on data security
· Manage all IT Security incidents to meet any legal obligations
· Work closely with the Service Desk Manager to provide support services to end users and enhance the end user services
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Manage the day-to-day operations including downtime, reporting service levels, defining and tracking IT operational metrics and provide status updates to management
· Prepare overall status and activity metrics that documents and tracks delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics
· Ensures high availability of critical business systems hosted by the business, including managing and participating in appropriate on-call rotas
· Owns and maintains strict controls on data/system backups and recover-ability
· Manage staff members in their daily activities as well as supporting business projects
· Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of staff augmentation and systems support
· Manage overall capacity/utilisation of Server/hardware environment ensuring it is optimised to meet business requirements
· Develop and implement hardware and software standards for network, servers, databases, wireless technology, file & print services, etc
· Develop and implement Service Desk processes and standards to maximise up-time, minimise disruption and ensure a proactive and efficient Service Desk operation for both staff and clients
· Develop and implement data retention standards, develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for effective delivery of services in line with recognised standards e.g. ISO / Cyber Essentials etc
· Establish and implement ‘best-practice’ standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in IT infrastructure management
· High level of hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to, Windows Servers, Active Directory, MS SQL and core networking technologies like LAN/WAN, subnets, firewalls, VLAN’s, and VPN
· Strong hands-on/technical knowledge of VMware technologies
· Technical knowledge of IT Security across all levels / touchpoints
· Solid understanding of user environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc.
· Must have a strong understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies like storage area networks (SAN), converged platforms and virtualisation
· Must have good people skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
· Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations, including redundant, highly-available server and network architectures
· Exposure to ITIL concepts
· Must take a lead role as a manager and act as a go-to person for the business when engaging customers with regards to IT infrastructure technologies
· Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting
· Must build/maintain and manage a strong Infrastructure & Service Desk teams that are capable of supporting the businesses’ dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Champion for pushing IT standards, procedures, policies, and best practices to the infrastructure & helpdesk team
· Willing to travel to all sites to understand current business unit and IT challenges in order to collaborate on solutions
· Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network security
Further information can be provided by calling Sally on 01761 410433/07720 694460 or to apply submit your CV.
Riverside Recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.