Factory General Assistant
Pay: £8.72ph for all 3 shifts increasing to £11.16ph for all 3 shifts after 12 weeks.
Hours: Treble shifts Monday to Friday (rotating mornings, afternoons and nights – see below)
Contract: Temporary ongoing. Option of permanency for reliable and committed candidates
Our client is a busy and growing non-food factory and are looking for a number of staff to join them as general factory assistants. This will involve some heavy lifting and basic repetitive work but will be regular and ongoing.
Duties will include shrink wrapping goods, clearing, cleaning and tidying work areas, maintaining safe environments for the operators as well as moving items around the factory to assist operators.
The factory operates 24 hours a day from Monday 6am to Friday 10.30pm so this will involve working all three shifts on a rotational basis. Please be prepared to work all 3 shifts:
• Mornings – 6am to 2pm (6am to 11.30am on a Friday)
• Afternoons – 2pm to 10pm (11.30am to 5pm on a Friday)
• Nights – 10pm to 6am (5pm to 10.30pm on a Friday)
• ALL breaks are paid
The pay starts at £8.72ph for all 3 shifts (no enhancement for nights), but after 12 weeks, pay increases to £11.16ph for all 3 shifts. Due to being busy our client is looking for people that are committed and wanting to stay with them.
To be considered you must:
• Be able to perform manual handling tasks lifting heavy items
• Be able to work all 3 shifts on a rotational basis
• Have your own transport to get to the factory for a 6am start (public transport will not get you there)
• Be reliable, hardworking and looking for regular ongoing work