Job Role: Facilities Maintenance Assistant (Caretaker)
Location: Midsomer Norton
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £10.61ph – £10.81ph
I’m seeking a Facilities Maintenance Person to join a small team overseeing a Campus based in Midsomer Norton. This role will suit a hands on person but it’s imperative you are able to manage all aspects of the daily upkeep and responsibilities of the site to a high standard ensuring the campus is operational. If you are a committed multi-tasker that can cope with responsibility please read on.
You will be named a key holder for the premises so a trustworthy, mature and reliable person is essential. A full clean driving license is required, and a DBS check is essential. If you already have one, that’s great, however if you haven’t, the organisation will fund the cost. You must represent yourself positively and professionally at all times due to the nature of the organisation.
I have 1 full time position to work on a day time basis, and 1 full time position to work on a rotational shift basis.
Day time Hours:
Mon – Thurs 8am-4.30, Fri 8am-4pm
Rotational 3 Shift Hours:
Morning: Mon – Thurs 6am-2pm, Fri 6am – 1.30pm
Day time Shift: Mon – Thurs 8am-4.30, Fri 8am-4pm
Afternoon: Mon – Thurs 12pm – 7pm, Fri 12.30pm – 7pm
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lock and unlock all buildings on the premises when necessary
- Set and unset all security systems, also respond when necessary to alarm activations and emergency call outs
- Report all building fixture, fittings and maintenance issues to your manager
- Test and manage fire safety systems
- Carry out planned maintenance checks
- Waste management
- Drain and gutter maintenance and window cleaning
- Painting and decorating, minor plumbing and building repairs
- Assist with materials/products by sourcing, pricing and procuring when necessary
- Support and assist external contractors when work is carried out on the premises
- Provide your manager and/or facilities management with engineers’ worksheets or supplier notes
- Obtain and collate utility meter readings
- Cover absences on staff shortfalls to other campuses in the Bath/Midsomer Norton area when necessary
- Work to a high level of Health and Safety
For further information please contact Sally on 01761 410433/07720 649960 or to apply please submit your CV to email@example.com
Riverside Recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.