Buildings & Site facilities Caretaker/Cleaner
Location: 1.2 miles North East of Bath City Centre, Somerset
Responsible for: Buildings & Site facilities & services
Term Time only plus an extra 7 weeks over the year to include school inset days = (Total of 46 weeks a year!)
Salary: Grade 3:5 £19650.00 PA (£10.08ph)
Full time, Permanent – 37.5 hrs per week
There is a choice of 2 positions available:
- A – 12pm – 8pm including supporting the school with cleaning during the lunch period.
- B – 2pm – 10pm including locking and alarming the building.
To Apply or enquire: Please feel free to contact Tanya on 07541 137482
To work with the site team to ensure that the school is kept a safe, clean and a suitable environment for learning and to maintain a high standard of functionality and premises upkeep.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning of the school to ensure a clean and hygienic environment.
- Assistant key holder and assist in the locking of the premises, setting security alarm systems and assisting in responding to alarm call-outs.
- Liaise with Site Manager regarding evening events and holiday maintenance works.
- Ensure all toilets are fully stocked with consumables (i.e. toilet rolls) on a daily basis and to ensure that classrooms are clean and tidy, suitable for learning..
- Undertake cleaning duties and to use all cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and correct manner
- Complete all appropriate records and documentation if required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety and security regulations.
- Deputise for the site manager in their absence. To arrange for maintenance work to be carried out, to include escorting contractors and others to sites of repair and maintenance, monitoring the safety of their working practices, reporting where possible on the quality of their work and follow up any apparent failures.
- Undertake emergency cleaning where necessary.
- Set and unset the school site’s security systems and to respond, where necessary, to emergency call outs in the absence of the Site Manager.
- Report all building, fixtures, fittings and maintenance issues/defects across the school campus to the Site Manager
Including but not limited to:
- Test and manage the school site fire alarms and safety systems, sweeping path, litter collection, drain and gutter unblocking, window cleaning, graffiti removal, painting and decorating, Clean up after any self-work activity and ensure all subcontractors clean up on completion of their work activities, minor plumbing, use safe methods of working at all times, provide an adverse weather response, grit paths and clear snow
- Where necessary escort building contractors and service engineers around the buildings and site, supporting as required.
- Provide the Site Manager with engineers’ worksheets or supplier delivery notes and to bring to the attention of the Site Manager any abnormalities or additional works required as raised by subcontractors
- This post may require you to occasionally work outside of your normal working hours i.e. for school letting or special events. **You will be given adequate notice when and if this is required.
A DBS check is essential. If you already have one, that’s great, however if you haven’t, the organisation will fund the cost.
To Apply or Enquire: Please feel free to contact Tanya on 07541 137482
Riverside Recruitment is a specialist permanent recruitment agency and is working on behalf of our client in relation to these roles.